Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bye Bye Mold & Dry Rot!

We think we've successfully removed all of the moldy, rotten subfloor! What a relief to have that nasty stuff out of our house (although it's still sitting in our driveway). Obviously we took the toilet out too, it hasn't made it to the garage yet though. Next step, square off our lovely hole we've made so we can fit new plywood in and then I can begin tiling! Don't worry, some of the black that you see on the lowest level of the floor is just discoloration from the barrier that was beneath the lowest level of subfloor we tore out. It probably saved us from having to tear everything out down to the floor joists. Here's a photo of the highlight of my day...
Our new shower head arrived. I know that it was probably a little premature to install it, but I was just so excited and needed to have something, if only one thing complete. :)

No comments: